Welcome to the 2022-2023 Application for the Phillips University Legacy Seminary Scholarship Program!
- The Phillips University Legacy Seminary Scholarship is a "merit-based" program for full-time, first-year seminarians who are pursuing a Masters of Divinity degree and are committed to pastoral ministry.
- Applicants should be planning to attend one of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliated seminaries or foundation homes as listed here.
- Applicants must be willing to comply with the program requirements as outlined in the 2022-2023 Seminary Scholarship Program Policies and Criteria.
- The Seminary Application deadline is Thursday, APRIL 14, 2022, by 11:59 PM Central Time.
- Read all of the instructions and the application carefully.
- You will need your Letter of Acceptance of Admission from the seminary to which you checked in Part 1 or a note from you stating you haven't received your Letter of Acceptance yet. If you haven't received it as of the scholarship deadline and you are awarded this scholarship, you must forward a copy to us as soon as it is received.
- You will be instructed to upload your résumé in Part 2.
- You'll be asked to attach an essay. Describe your faith journey and vocational call. How do you anticipate that this will shape the future of your ministerial leadership? (This must be typed and double-spaced. Minimum of 2 pages please.)
- Allow your 3 references adequate time to complete your reference form. Each completed reference form should be in a sealed, signed envelope and be mailed to Phillips University Legacy Foundation.
- Request official transcript(s) showing ALL undergraduate and graduate work completed through the Fall semester of 2021 be sent to Phillips University Legacy Foundation. The official transcript(s) must be mailed by the school(s). They must be received no later than APRIL 14, 2022.
- Be vigilant about the deadline - it is APRIL 14, 2022 by 11:59 PM Central Time. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Review all checklists. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. We cannot notify applicants of what is missing from their applications or which documents we have or have not received, but we do encourage you to contact us at any time to make sure your materials have arrived.
- If you have questions or concerns, call our Scholarship Administrator, Tamela, at 580-237-4433.
Click here to learn more about the program.