Here are the September 2014 Trivia Q&A
Will be held November 6-9, 2014 at Falls Creek Conference Center
Give today and a matching donation will double your gift!
November 06, 2014 at Falls Creek Conference Center
|<< Show All|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|<< Back to Recently Deceased|
|Williams, Ruth Enida (Wolfinger)||1937|
D.O.D 11/25/2011 - Ruth Enida Wolfinger Williams was born January 6, 1916, in Enid, Oklahoma, to Cora Anice Mathis Wolfington and Roy Jonas Wolfinger. She attended school in Enid and graduated from Phillips University with a B.A. in education in 1937. She received her masterís degree in education from Oklahoma State University in 1965, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society.
She taught school in Blackwell, Oklahoma, for many years before they moved to Ponca City, Oklahoma, where she and her husband ran the educational division of Bi-State Mental Health Clinic. They were very instrumental in developing programs for the learning-disabled.
She was an excellent seamstress and was known for her beautiful gowns, wedding dresses and dance costumes. She was a very creative person and loved helping people.
Ruth married Dale E. Williams on August 25, 1937, in Enid, Oklahoma. They were married for 68 years prior to his death in 2006. They were very devoted to each other. They had two daughters, Anice Marie and Margaret JoAnn. As a young adult, Mrs. Williams contracted TB and had to spend several weeks in a sanitarium while her daughters lived with their grandparents.
Ruth was always so very proud of her family. Her mother was a very educated woman and fought for womenís rights and prohibition. Her father was a professor of English at Phillips University before becoming very ill with TB. He died when Ruth was 19.
She was preceded in death by her daughter Margaret JoAnn Williams Hesser, her brothers Dwight Wolfinger, John Wolfinger, Birge Wolfinger and her sister Margaret Wolfinger Austin.
Ruth is survived by a daughter, Anice Williams Byler. She died November 25, 2011 in Denison, Texas.