On September 17, 1907, at what would later be called Phillips University, the first classes were offered to educate individuals preparing for vocations in Christian ministry. In the years that followed, the university, affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), provided education and an environment that prepared students from across the country to serve their congregations and communities.
Today, as part of honoring the university's legacy and commitment, the Legacy Foundation offers a renewable, merit-based graduate seminary scholarship to full-time students who are pursuing a Masters of Divinity degree or other related master's degree and are committed to service in ministry within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Annual merit-based, renewable graduate scholarships up to $4500 are awarded annually and can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and similar educational expenses up to the cost of attendance.
New applicants must be:
- enrolling or enrolled as full-time students at a theological institution related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ);
- have attained an undergraduate 4-year degree from an accredited institution
- have attained an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- committed to ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- and show promise for transformative service to church and community.
Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year are available on a rolling basis and scholarships will be awarded until all funds have been distributed.
To apply as a new applicant, please click here. Applicants must create a username and password to access the scholarship application portal.
For questions, please email email@example.com.