Welcome to the 2019-2020 Application for the Phillips University Legacy Scholarship and Leadership Development Program!
- Applicants should be planning to attend or already be attending a private college/university that is currently or historically related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), but the applicant does not have to attend a church related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Scholarships are "merit-based", therefore the applicants should be well-rounded, with evidence provided of academic success, and of leadership roles in the school, church and community.
- Applicants may apply as incoming freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors.
- Applicants must be willing to comply with the program requirements as outlined in the 2019-2020 Policies and Criteria that include but are not limited to both completion of an annual Volunteer Service Project and attendance at the annual Leadership Development Conference.
- Application deadline is Friday, MARCH 15, 2019.
- Read all of the instructions and the application carefully.
- Note the suggested résumé format, and be sure to include everything that is required.
- Be sure you read the essay question carefully and answer it completely.
- Allow your 3 references adequate time to complete your reference form. Each completed reference form should be in a sealed, signed envelope and be mailed to the Legacy Foundation office.
- Be vigilant about the deadline - it is MARCH 15, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Review all checklists. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. We cannot notify applicants of what is missing from their applications or which documents we have or have not received, but we do encourage you to contact us at any time to make sure your materials have arrived.
- If you have questions or concerns, call our Scholarship Administrator, Tamela, at 580-237-4433.
Click here to learn more about the program.